Linux Systems Administrator – (AWS, DNS, Amazon Cloud, Rackspace Cloud, CDN)
iQTransit is a Boston-area IT consulting and development firm. We specialize in providing IT consulting for the mobile enterprise by bringing your technology up to speed. We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our rapidly growing team! As an iQTransit Linux System Administrator, you will provide engineering, operations, maintenance, and system administration for the tools and systems our team is responsible for.
- Installation of application software, updates, OS when required
- Deploying and maintaining VMWare across all networks
- Troubleshooting/Maintaining Linux, virtualized, AWS, and Rackspace environments/systems as needed
- Creating operating instructions and procedures for system maintenance activities
- Testing data integrity
- Creating and managing user accounts; maintaining our server security, doing back-ups and replication
- Analyzing operational problems, planning ahead , and creating impact assessment reports
- Working with cross-functional teams of engineers, developers, help-desk IT , project managers to review projects/plans and determine future requirements.
With desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT related field….
- 3 years experience working in a Linux environment
- LPI, Linux+, other Linux certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of advanced Linux features including: clustering, LDAP, DNS, NFS
- Advanced knowledge of Linux file system types and volume management
- Magento Certified Developer Certification a plus
- Advanced core knowledge of forms/grids full functionality
- Understanding of API, widgets
- Strong written communication skills.
- Detail oriented
Qualifying candidates please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.